Monday, July 4, 2011

Summertime and Easy Living

Summer, in Canada at least, is a time for being outdoors, relaxing and doing as little work as possible it seems. Getting back into the saddle after the first summer long weekend is an interesting experience. I'm not really sure where to start though I do have a writing project on the go that I find myself easily distracted from. I don't think it has anything to do with summer however, it's more about moving through a certain amount of resistance to the writing process. This in itself is a wonderful gift because it gives me yet more opportunity to work through any beliefs that may be gumming up the works.

I find the whole process of moving deep into the feelings and beliefs involved really quite delightful in that every time I move toward the resistance and its attending belief (s) I find myself feeling more and more delight with life itself. I really don't think the writing is the most important part of the process anyway, it's the dismantling of beliefs around it that's the real gift.

I see this as being the case no matter what you find yourself facing in any given moment, summer or winter. When you can move past the surface layers of resistance to whatever comes up for you and truly bring presence to what is beneath it, then you've cleared the way for more wonder and life essence to flow joyfully through whatever you are doing. The old paradigm of avoiding or distracting has run its course for many of us. There's no life in avoiding, even though that is what most of us learned to do. I few moments of discomfort when fully embraced and moved through can turn into the most precious of times.


So why not take full advantage of the beautiful summer season by being fully present and fully available to life's many wonders. It's all unfolding right before our eyes if we but have eyes to see that are not clouded by illusion.

This is what I see every time I come home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment