Saturday, July 16, 2011

Time

As I mentioned the other day, we were in Jasper National Park for a few days this week. I love being in the mountains. There's something truly mystical and humbling about the shear dimensions of the Rockies and the sense of peace and timelessness they bring forth in me.

We went to Malign Canyon one day where the waters cascade down a very narrow canyon that has been forming over countless millennium. Simply being present to what is happening there is awe inspiring then when I consider the amount of time it takes for the water to have worn away the rock as it has I have a very different sense of time than I do when I'm in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. What I think is so urgent has no relevance compared to Earth time. Change is constantly taking place in its own time and I get to witness the awe inspiring phenomena when I relax into it rather than trying to manipulate it or feel pressured by any of the distortions created by beliefs and misconceptions.

It's so easy to forget all this when I get back into the daily routine of life back at home. That's why it feels so important to keep questioning the beliefs that keep me in the thrall of artificially created time rather than being fully present.

John was taking videos at the canyon that day and captured a comment I made about how I was feeling as he was taping from the top of the canyon. Thought I'd share it with you here.


No comments:

Post a Comment