Friday, June 3, 2011

Stepping Into The Unknown

We actually step into the unknown every day when we wake up. We don't generally think about it that way because we usually wake up in the place we expected to be in, etc. (unless of course you drank way too much the night before which I experienced all too often in my wild and crazy days0. If you give it a moment of thought however you soon realize that everything is brand new every day. All those things we take for granted, all the ways life has been showing up could just as easily all be changed or gone in an instant. This has happened for all of us in minor and for some in major ways. The idea that we have some control over what's going to happen or that we actually even know what that is really is rather absurd when we realize just how fragile our limited view of life is.

Pondering this leads me to wonder what life would be like if I entered each moment with this awareness. I wonder how it would be for me if I had no preconceived ideas but rather simply trusted Life to unfold exactly as it will anyway, knowing that it is all perfect.

I have this awareness at times and at other times I drift right back into old paradigms of doubt and trying to make things happen. It's good to simply notice those shifts and relax into the rightness of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment