Monday, June 20, 2011

Compassion and Non-Attachment

I had an interesting conversation today where I was attempting to convey my sense of how compassion fits in to the life view that says no matter what is happening it's all perfect. I've mentioned before how I went through a stage in the process of dismantling the illusion where I really didn't care about much of anything. I would say it was a phase of detachment as opposed to non-attachment. It was not an awareness as an expression of all that Life is but rather one of disconnection. My sense is that's quite normal when we are taking apart all the structures that have been holding up our concept of who and what we are.

Then for some reason there was a shift and the experience of compassion, what I define as acceptance and understanding showed up. I feel deeply and at the same time there is no need for  life's events to turn out a particular way but rather there is more of an acceptance that Life is happening perfectly and what shows up is exactly as it should be. That isn't to say I don't become aware of lingering attachments and unconscious expectations; I become aware of them and see them for what they are, mere shadows with residual effects. A little compassionate attention is all it usually takes to see through them and enter the clear space of wonder once again. Now and again a rather deep attachment shows up which may take a little more undoing but I tend to see them as gifts in the process of liberating myself from the illusion and so I feel a great deal of gratitude for it all.

So that brings me to compassion and non-attachment, the free flow of Life. I have no idea why I'm really writing any of this today but then I really don't know why anything happens as it does anyway. It's all just Life expressing so I trust that and let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment