Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 32

It's good to connect with people I don't often communicate with. A great reminder of just how few people actually question their beliefs and open to what is. It also helps to show me more of the beliefs that are controlling me as well.

In this 'fast' time I've had a heightened awareness of some of the beliefs that I have carried with me through most of the life around work and especially around me in terms of work. I have ample proof in regards to most of them as to how untrue they are in my own experience and that of many others yet I continue to fall prey to them in times of doubt. Perfect; that's exactly what I'm looking for. None of them are new to my awareness and I am not labouring under the illusion that they are now going to disappear but I haven't actually faced many of these particular beliefs from the current awareness of what they are. They certainly aren't the enemy so I don't need to go to war against them (which unknowingly so often happens); I don't need to create affirmations to counteract them (just another way to avoid things) and I don't have to believe them. It's about making peace with the fears that arise, recognizing the falseness of the beliefs and opening to the great unknown, still and again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment