Monday, February 14, 2011

Void or Desert

Vello questioned the difference between the void and the desert. I would have to know more about what the desert means to you Vello. It could be the same thing or the opposite. My experience of the void or no-thingness that I wrote about the other day is difficult to describe but it is what I arrive at when I let everything else go. You might call it pre-manifestation, that from which all thought and creation flows. Deep stillness that is always there in the background, usually unnoticed because we are so full of our stories about what is going on or whatever the mind is doing in the moment. It is without emotion or 'hope' which are born of concepts that have already arisen. I particularly mention hope here because hope is a construct based on the idea that what is right now is inadequate or somehow not right. Hope is a step removed from Being and so has no place in this state. Neither is there despair which is rooted in the same concepts as are hope. Here there is only the perfection of what is before the traumas and the dreams. The awareness of the void helps me to take the rest of it lightly.

Now tell me, is this the same as the desert?

1 comment:

  1. I used the term desert with reference to where a certain man went to about two thousand years ago and after 40 days came out as the Christ. From what you describe as the Void my guess is that you are very likely in the same place. And yes, that is my story and who knows, it may manifest.
    With Love.

    ReplyDelete