Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 11

Interesting how I almost have to fool myself into doing what I intended to do in the first place. This 40 day thing is not only about not making decisions around work but more importantly interrupting thought patterns and spending more tine simply being aware. Whatever it takes I guess.

One thing that has really been standing out for me of late is the propensity to come to conclusions about pretty much everything. This is neither good nor bad it just seems to be a default process. I notice it not only in myself where I find it all pervasive but in pretty much everyone I encounter either personally or through the written word. We do have to come to some conclusions obviously otherwise we'd be paralyzed but that doesn't actually apply philosophically or in any area where there is no way of actually confirming the conclusion. Take for instance the wondering I've been doing about significance as a species in relation to the vastness of the universe. I seriously doubt I could come up with a true conclusion there, the truth is I don't know. So what does that bring me to in terms of this life experience? At this point it seems to simply be about being here, doing what I do and being part of the vastness of Life as it seemingly unfolds. In other words, might as well enjoy where I am whether I know what it means or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment