Monday, April 1, 2013

Springing Into Abundant Living



This is my article from this month's newsletter that I just sent out yesterday. I am posting it here in case you don't get my newsletter and because this is where I will be posting my blogs on the process as I go along. 

It's starting to feel more like spring here in the Edmonton area where winter has been lingering with heavy snows and cool temperatures. You really never know from one year to the next what to expect with our seasons. So it is with all aspects of life isn't it?

Expectations have been a source of much pain and disappointment in my life, as I imagine they have likely been for most of you too. I've come to realize there's a big difference between expectation and expectancy. The former seems to be more rigid and defined whereas the latter speaks of an attitude that is open and receptive to me. The first is tied to a particular outcome while the other is really about the journey.

How do you know when you've slipped into expectation and out of expectancy? Even though I may start out with a sense of expectancy, I usually only realize I've got something else going on  after the fact. When I experience disappointment and feel sad and want to give up it's a pretty sure bet I had been expecting something and didn't get it. Actually, it might be more accurate to say that when I feel the discouragement of expectation it's more likely that the unconscious expectations of failure or lack of some kind trumped the expectations of what I thought I wanted.

An example of trumping expectations would be the belief that you don't deserve financial abundance when you set a goal to double your income in a particular time frame and don't achieve it. Or perhaps you decided to be kinder to yourself and treat yourself with more compassion but when you didn't do something the way you thought you should you start beating yourself up, again.  The deeper, more familiar expectations and beliefs often tend to overwhelm new ideas, especially if we either try to ignore the old patterns or are aware of them but never bother to question them or understand the driving forces at work behind the scene.

This spring I am answering the inner call to step into expanding in business and in financial abundance. I'm doing a little experimenting and working with expectancy and being fully present on the journey rather than on some expectation of a particular outcome. I am viewing whatever shows up in my life from this point on as Life giving me exactly what I need in order to expand and experience more fun, more financial abundance and more grace.

The intent is to
  • take time every morning and evening to be still and focus on what I intend to be, do, have (as well as whenever I think of it during the day).
  • move through the very heart of any resistance and belief patterns that would appear to be in opposition to where my journey is taking me rather than trying to avoid or buy into them. In other words, use The Liberation Process when I feel discomfort.
  • take steps every day as I am guided.
  • allow myself to be supported in the process and to support others in theirs.
  • enjoy the journey (very important) and be grateful for everything as it is.
  • keep bringing compassion and understanding as I move through expectations and disappointments as they arise.
  • journal and blog through the process to help myself be more aware and help others who may be in similar processes.
Thankfully, I am not alone in this. A dear friend who is in the process of starting a new business venture and I are teaming up to do this work. We are open to others who are either starting their own business or have already done so but are looking for heart-centered support to join us.

So if you're willing to do the deep inner work and support others on their journey in expanding their businesses give me a call or email me at info@yvonneracine.com and let's talk to see if you might be a fit for this mutual support group we are starting.



Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment