Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Distraction or Opportunity?

Life is constantly providing all kinds of opportunities and distractions. Sometimes the distractions are the opportunity. The opportunity to be more inclusive and accepting and loving perhaps? The opportunity to expand in awareness, in experience, in whatever it is that is most important right now? What if there's no such thing as a distraction; everything that happens on the way to the desired destination is in actuality part of the journey, something to be integrated, enjoyed and expanded through?

OK, I'll admit I hadn't been thinking any of that stuff until I started writing this morning but then that's the joy of writing, I never know what's going to come up; it sure isn't what I think I'm going to write about most of the time.

So this past week John was home and his mom was visiting from Ontario. It was nice to have her since we hadn't seen her in a few years. Having people in the house does change things a lot when you work from home though. I did things somewhat differently this time however and I'm really glad I did. Rather than sacrificing myself and leaving the things that are important to me I found ways of staying on course. I moved my morning rituals into the basement so I didn't give up my presencing time and my journaling. I kept working and let John do most of the entertaining which worked for them and it really worked for me. The times I spend with John and his mom were much more enjoyable that way. I found that even though I had a very busy week I had plenty of time to spend with them. It all worked out beautifully even to my being able to bring Myra to the airport on Monday morning without having to turn down any work.

Speaking of not having to turn down work, I've really been noticing even more than usual just how life is unfolding with such grace. I've been busier than usual and been able to accommodate what has shown up with a great deal of ease. As I continue to focus on expanding, I am also continuing the process of paying attention to the seemingly opposing beliefs and feelings that arise.

I notice (again) that there are periods of more intense protest within, then there seem to be plateaus followed by even deeper issues surfacing. I am working with what ever shows up in my life and my body as being part of the process of living a financially abundant, faith-filled and grace-filled life. Rather than dismissing things as being coincidental I am seeing everything as part of the big picture of Life taking me where the intentions are leading. I even see the intentions themselves as part of where Life is taking me so there is no sense of trying to make anything happen. It's actually a really cool perspective. Is it the Truth? I don't know, it just feels right at this point on my journey and I'm going with it. If and when that should change so will my experience. And so it goes.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment