Friday, March 23, 2012

The Stillness Beyond

Some days we have sunshine, some times it's cloudy, other days we have rain and today we have a beautiful spring snow. We need them all and there is something to appreciate in every kind of weather.

Life is like that isn't it? It isn't always sunny and it isn't always raining. Life is in a constant state of change even as the core of Being remains the same. I love that there is a place within that is totally unaffected by whatever the 'weather' is doing on the surface. It's a place from which the view is always awesome and there is no thought of whether anything is good or bad or right or wrong; it is what it is.

I personally do not find this place of tranquility when I am focused in my head and on my thoughts. Nor do I find it when I get caught up in emotionality which is really just the movement of thought in the body. I find it rather when I move deeply into being through any feelings or thoughts I may be experiencing at the moment. It is not a practice of avoiding but rather being present to whatever shows up with compassion and curiosity about what is beyond.

Sometimes I have to go through several layers of thoughts and emotions to get to the core but persistence pays and the reward is unlike anything I have ever experienced in my attempts to distract myself or avoid what was going on. Presence is; it is not personal or opinionated or something to be achieved. It is always here, the question is really where is the attention being focused? If I've been staring at something for any amount of time, caught up in what I think about it there is but a shift in focus required and the willingness to see beyond whatever I have been believing.

I breathe; I rest; I am that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment