Friday, January 20, 2012

When Change Happens

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my theme for 2012 is realization. Time to realize the potential that is meant to be expressed through me.

I've noticed that things are indeed unfolding in a rather unexpected way. I am doing more and more work I love yet the focus isn't exactly what I thought it would be. I feel very blessed to have a good number of participants in the first group coaching series and some new coaching clients and where I am a bit surprised is in the increase in my work as a celebrant.

I've had a desire to grow the celebrant/ceremony aspect of my business along with the coaching but not a lot had been happening in 2011 in that area. 2012 is starting with a bit of a bang however and I am deeply grateful. I love serving families at a time when compassion and understanding are most needed. It is a heart-full, expansive experience to celebrate life and be with the experiences of loss and grief in an open and receptive way.

This is true of our own sense of loss and grief as well. We all experience it but we don't always allow it which makes it very painful indeed. Change brings loss in one way or another. It could be something we really want to let go of but if it has been with us for a long time it served us in some way so we are bound to feel a bit lost without it.

One of the steps the participants in the Developing a New Relationship series are being invited to do is say no to something they need to release in order to realize their new intentions. There's a good possibility some unexpected feelings may show up in relation to that. Whenever we let go  or lose something or someone it's essential that we allow the feelings of sadness and grief to move through us rather than meeting them with resistance or some kind of logic like 'there's no reason to feel sad about this' 'I didn't want that anyway'. My distraction or way of trying to avoid the pain of loss was to try to convince myself I didn't care. That had some interesting repercussions.

changing seasonsSo if you've lost something or someone or if you are making some significant change in your life, I invite you to ride the wave of whatever feelings show up; sadness, fear, anger, joy. Trust me, this too will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment