Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

How often does the concept that things should be different than the they are cross your mind?

Do you find yourself saying or thinking you would be happy if....

What could you do if life was as you believe it should be?

How's that working for you?

Shoulda, woulda, coulda; those insidious little words that colour our world grey. So logical, so reasonable, so debilitating.

Does happiness and the ability to be what you really are truly depend on any of those ideas you've placed in the way? I've noticed that when my energies are kind of groping for something that isn't there I am anything but happy. The illusion that achieving something to be OK is one of the greatest obstacles to realizing how perfect you are and life is right now.

There is a tendency so spend a great deal of time and energy looking for wholeness and wellness somewhere, anywhere other than in the moment. No wonder there are so many energetic disorders today.


When I find myself out there trying to get something to get away from some kind of discomfort that has surfaced I've come to realize that what I really need is to bring my energy back and rest my awareness on inner being for a moment. When I pay compassionate attention within I am at peace once again. It's all part of the in breath and the out breath of Life.


It really is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment