Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Learning Curves

I continue on the steep learning curve with all this internet techno marketing stuff. I just sent my first Life Beyond Belief Newsletter using Mail Chimp which was fun and full of learning. If you didn't get one, you likely aren't on my new email list but you can view it here.
One of the things that has come to my attention in a big way the last few days is just how deep and illusive beliefs are when people aren't accustom to recognizing them. In one conversation I had the person I was talking to was very distressed about things that were happening in her work world and all she could do was repeat the story she was telling herself about it and questing how anyone could do this kind of thing. Not an unusual experience I guarantee you. It was very difficult for her to stop long enough to get to what she believed was going on, which turned out to have nothing to do with the event really, and realize what she was really afraid of. I would call this the human condition, way down deep in the unconscious belief zone. The amount of energy expended struggling in this zone is amazing, and it's so familiar that people don't even get that's what they're doing. Wow! Makes me even more grateful for the difference the Liberation Process has made in my life.
Then today I was at a networking type luncheon speaking to a woman about my business and she was sharing how terrifying it had been for her to go to counseling years ago and the benefit she had derived from learning about her own feelings. It is a huge step to come to recognize what a feeling is instead of the stories we tell ourselves about them. She did admit though that she still didn't get the belief thing. I invited her to check out my work.
The more I connect with people who are unfamiliar with this kind of work the more I realize how very precious this work is and the blessing of having come to it in this life along with the ability to share it with others. I know it doesn't really matter in the big picture but it's where I am right now, it's what I am called to and all I can say is yes and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment