Sunday, April 17, 2011

Home Again

Well, it's been a fabulous 9 days in DC and now we are back in Alberta where there is still snow on the ground and cool temperatures. The sun is shining brightly this morning however and either way, it's good to be home once again. I love going on adventures and I love coming back when they are complete and on Friday our DC adventure felt complete. We took it pretty easy even though we still managed to walk a few miles. We found a wonderful sanctuary and oasis at the Botanical Gardens right next to the Capital where we immersed ourselves in the experience of being in all that plant life. We had coffee in the park near Union Station and had yet another fabulous meal near Dupont Circle. Couldn't have asked for a better last day or a better trip home on Saturday.

I know it's just about time to get back into planning my upcoming workshop and getting my business off the ground and I'm looking forward to that. I actually gave it no thought while we were away; it's wonderful to simply be present to the experience at hand knowing that all is unfolding as it will and I'll get back to life here in the right and perfect time.

I sense I was given so many gifts on this little trip that it will be unfolding for quite some time yet, whether I am aware of it or not. Pondering how ideals and powerful beliefs, such as was brought forth through people like Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin, unfold and what happens to them when they are greeted by the more basic beliefs such as in fear and lack as virtually all ideals must in order to be experienced in their fullness. Peace and prosperity have twins called strife and poverty. We like to think that one can exist without the other but can they? We want to embrace one and reject the other even while being its thrall. These are all ways of approaching life that are not grounded in reality but rather in conceptuality (I know that isn't really a word but maybe it should be). I wonder where this pondering might be taking me?  I feel a great joy in it all as I follow the flow knowing it is indeed all unfolding perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment