Saturday, January 1, 2011

What's New

We are celebrating a New Year around the world, a time when many people like to review the past and set intentions for the future. I like celebrating simply for the sake of celebrating. I am setting no intentions, I am not reviewing what has been and I am not hoping for anything.
I was having a conversation with someone the other day, talking about how I see life these days when the other party got very excited and said something like 'You mean every situation is brand new and doesn't need to be analyzed and figured out based on the past!'. It was as though she had just been given the best box of chocolates ever. This was a person who spent a great deal of time and energy worrying about the 'mistakes' she had made in her life and how she had 'screwed up' again, etc., etc. As I talked about being fully present to Life as it showed up and that everything is unfolding exactly as it was created it was like a huge weight had just been lifted just considering the idea that she didn't have to relive her past over and over and feel guilty about every little thing.
Each moment is brand new when we are not burdened by all the beliefs and judgments we have been holding about what has been. Each moment stands alone, an opportunity to be awed and amazed and amused by Life. What a trip!
Happy New Moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment