Monday, January 3, 2011

What Is

The 'isness' of Life is deeply enchanting. I have no idea why things are as they are but I am coming to appreciate more and more the beingness of Life exactly as it shows up instead of thinking it should be different or imagining it even could be different than it is. Those are simply ways we have of separating ourselves from the awesome beauty of the Universe as it unfolds.

I've spent much of my life thinking life should be different or that there was something I was missing or that there was something hidden that I needed to find out in order to be happy. That's what makes up most of life for most people even though for the most part it is not recognized as such. We search for meaning and purpose and 'the right thing' for us all the time missing out on what is right in front of us. This is as it is too, until it is not. Not a hair of Life is out of place including the doubting, searching, belief ridden mind. A person may live there all their life, never realizing the Garden they are living in and that is perfect, just as realizing what is going on is perfect for another.

There is no one and no thing to compare your life experience with because there is only what is unfolding in the cosmic dance; individuality is a myth just as individual choice and free will are a myth. All that I call self is but a point of awareness in the body of Life and as much as I seem to be doing what 'I' want to do or choose to do it's actually Life being what it is and 'I' am a passenger enjoying the ride. What a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment