Friday, September 20, 2013

Do You Ever Wonder About Change?

Do you ever become acutely aware of all the changes that have taken place over the years? Now and then I find myself driving down city streets pondering how much things have changed since I first moved here over 40 years ago. I drive down our relatively new ring road, one of thousands of cars that just a few short years ago had to drive through town instead of around it to get from one end of the city to the other and I marvel.

I think of when I didn't have an iPhone or better yet of the very first mobile phone I had which was bigger than a shoe. I'm amazed by all the technology and the things that generations after me take for granted.

Sometimes I watch old movies and feel a yearning for the simplicity of those times, when the world wasn't so full of stuff and people. Then I look up and notice where I am right now and how very blessed I am to be experiencing all the changes that are taking place right now. I look out my window at the Mayday tree which not so long ago was in full bloom and now has dark green and red and yellow leaves as well lots of open spaces where the leaves have already begun falling.

And I wonder, what is it about change that we tend to resist so much? There is so much wonder and beauty in the process of change yet there is often also a feeling of dread as the old falls away and we enter that space just before the new makes itself fully known to us. The place in between, the cocoon, the field of infinite possibility, the unknown...

Making peace with the fact that so much is truly unknown is a wonderful process. What we most often fill with fearful thoughts and projections is really the place from which all is brought forth into manifestation and we are part of that process. Do we consciously know what is coming with any real accuracy? Not really but there is something deep inside that is excited about it all when we stop projecting the old onto the unknown. There is something that knows all is well when we stop and appreciate what is and what is happening. That which we really are is working through what we think of as us to bring forth exactly what we came here to experience and we get to play and marvel and appreciate and be in awe at the wonder of it all.

That's one of the many reasons I'm really looking forward to my workshop this Sunday. It is a constant reminder for me to fully engage and enjoy the process of transformation that is happening right now at every level of existence. It is truly about playing in the field of infinite possibility which is Home

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment