Friday, August 30, 2013

The Joy of Playing in Possibility

Wow, the end of August and summer time is almost over for those of us living in the northern climes. I love the changing of the seasons however and even though we still have 3 weeks until fall I can feel the change in the air.

That's one of the reasons I ended up doing my new workshop called Playing in the Field of Infinite Possibility on the fall equinox, it's all about change. I wasn't actually thinking about that when I chose the date but there it is none the less.

The ideas for the workshop started developing a couple of weeks ago and really took on a life of their own. Working with clients, conversations with friends, a request to submit a workshop idea for a conference all kind of amalgamated into this new creation coming together. I love the way Life works when a sincere question is asked.

In the process of all things coming together, in my quiet time one morning I asked for some kind of symbol or sign that would really give the idea of an infinite possibilities workshop form and shape. Then I opened my eyes and looked up through the kitchen window and there was a beautiful little yellow butterfly. Butterfly! There it was, the perfect metaphor for the process of moving from our caterpillar thinking where we just see the blade of grass right in front of us to lifting off into a whole new perspective where all things are possible. I've been enjoying an even more incredible sense of open, optimistic possibility ever since.

It took a few days for the title to show up but the process of the workshop has been forming from the start. I will be using the butterfly metaphor throughout the workshop and the more I play with it the more powerful the process becomes because I am using it in my life as I prepare for the workshop. It reminds me of why I love doing these workshops in the first place; I get to play in that energy even more than when I am just going about my day to day life doing other things.

Then today I went to pick up my mail at my business address and what do I find but a beautiful thank you card with blue and yellows butterflies all over the front from a family I served a couple of months ago. There are no accidents.


If you're in the Edmonton area and would like to participate in this fun and transformational event you are most welcome to check it out on my website.

Namaste and have a fabulous Labour Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment