Monday, May 13, 2013

The Immune System

I went to see a healer last week. It was a great experience that left me with some food for thought. My system is quite well balanced apparently and it would seem the pain I have been experiencing is very much related to the work I am doing emotionally which makes perfect sense to me. What she is having me work on is strengthening my immune system which makes sense to me too.

Given how I process it makes me wonder what the metaphysical equivalent of the immune system would be? I haven't gone anywhere to look it up so I'm just going to go with intuition here. What shows up is 'The ability to ward off that which is not mine'. That would be the short version. We tend to speak of the immune system as fighting off whatever is not conducive to our health but I wonder if that describes accurately what actually happens. Isn't it more like swallowing up all those things that don't belong? Awareness of falsehoods in our thinking isn't about fighting them but rather allowing them to be absorbed so that they are no longer causing problems.

 

I suspect my 'immune system' has been quite taxed as I have been moving through all those false ideas about myself and life in the current focus period so I'm glad to receive some help with the physical effects of it all.


As much 'work' as I 'do', it's also important for me to remember that I am not the actual doer. In so many ways I am really the observer of ideas and decisions and experiences even as I am the vehicle through which they are happening. Surrender is an important aspect of whatever I do because as much as I can speculate and other people can tell me what they think is going on, etc, I don't really know at the level of 'personal' awareness. Life is unfolding in ways that are beyond any concept of self so in the end I do what I am led to do and whatever happens is up to Life itself.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment