Sunday, June 3, 2012

Now

I have nothing to say this morning but felt like writing anyway; who knows what may show up. I'm having a fabulous weekend and am looking forward to the gathering this morning even though I really don't know where that's going either. That's what makes it fun and interesting for me, the not knowing part. I plan some things but they either happen or they don't and each gathering has a life of its own anyway. Pretty much like the rest of life isn't it? We plan and imagine what might be and in the end we have what we have and it really has little to do with our planning.

I've been pondering what is and how we keep trying to devise ways of not being where we are, of making the future a better place and making what is coming special somehow. What's that really about I wonder? What if we stopped trying to be somewhere else and were simply here, now exactly as it is? And what is it about this moment that is so unacceptable anyway? Is it what's going on or is it just what we think about what's happening? What if this is it? This is as good as it gets? What if I were to give up any thought of some kind of future salvation or enlightenment or things just being better? Quite frankly this moment is pretty darn perfect even with having a slight headache and not having turned the heat on so I'm a bit cool. Just being present to those sensations...and everything else in and around me... I am in awe and appreciation. The next moment things are different, and they remain the same. Hmm...

I seem to be contracting myself somewhat here, first I'm looking forward to the gathering then it's about being present to what is. That too is life.

I guess that's what I had to write about this morning.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment