Saturday, May 19, 2012

Movement and Rest

Remembering that life is about change seems to allow much more flow and ease no matter what shows up. I officiate at a fair number of memorials, funerals and celebrations of life and this is the theme that keeps popping up in those and many other circumstances in life.

I look out my home office window and am privy to daily change as the Mayday tree goes through its annual cycles. A few weeks ago, April 5th, I had taken a picture where it was laden with snow. Today I took a picture from outside to show the amazing blossoms but the lighting is not very good. You can still get an idea however of the contrast in these pictures. 

April 5th
May 19th


Such is life, full of contrast and beauty that shows up in an amazing array of various forms and expressions.  The tree does not protest the changes, it simply expresses what is there in every moment. I feel a deep sense of peace and serenity when I do the same, just let myself be where I am in the moment. Sometimes there is a lot of movement and energy, other times not so much. In the end the universe, including the way it is expressing in this body, is all motion and rest. Falling deep into that is being at peace.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment